[fpc-devel] Win64 FPC is in wrong download location

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue May 4 17:25:26 CEST 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Andrew Brunner wrote:

> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>
>> Cross-compilers can be just as multi-threaded as "native" ones. This is a completely orthogonal feature.
>>
> True statement but I fear does not address the issue at hand.  You
> guys really need to tap talent - there's gotta be somebody here that
> wants to solve the compile times... And when that is solved... the
> argument of slow compile times as it relates to the reason of not
> having a native 64bit Windows compiler will then become mute...

As far as I know:
The Morfik people solve this in their IDE by continuously compiling
your project in the background while you are editing, as a low priority
process. When you actually hit the compile button, it's just the linking
stage that is done - which is by itself a lengthy process.

It's the first thing I disabled, because it eats CPU power and reduces
the responsiveness of your PC incredibly.

Michael.