[fpc-devel] StrUtils unit (is poorly implemented)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Mar 30 11:04:14 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Fl?vio Etrusco said:

> Second question: In current code, when ASubText is '', AnsiStartStr
> returns False and
> AnsiEndsStr returns True. Is this correct?

If the string='' then ansistartsstr returns true and endstr false

if they string<>'' then both return false.

I'm using the Dutch locale in windows 7.

Warning: one of the reasons I never bothered with the ansi* routines is:
- they are supposed to be locale dependant in their comparisons.
- they have support for mbcs versions of eastern locale codepages, where
   chars are not one byte.

For these reasons, I left them high and dry till we have a bit more
direction on unicode. (which might skip them all together)