[fpc-devel] Re: [Lazarus] windres: can't open manifest

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Mar 23 16:30:27 CET 2010

On 03/23/2010 04:16 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> What happens at this point is that you are mixing two different FPC
> installations. If you want to install in /usr instead of in
> /usr/local, use "make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr"

That is what I did assume.
But of course I needed to install FPC 2.4.0 to compile FPC from the svn.

I installed FPC 2.4.0 from the fpc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm

I did not use the install_prefex option, as I in fact did not know what
I would want as install directory. I'll try your suggesting, hoping not
to destroy this even more.

> If you want to update the symlink afterwards to also change the
> default compiler, change the symlink instead of the file it points to.

Thanks for answering and sorry for accidentally sending this to the
wrong list.

-Michael