[fpc-devel] C++ linking questions

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Sun Mar 21 15:42:02 CET 2010

Hi again!

On 21.03.2010 15:24, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
>> (besides using m_none instead of m_all as Jonas mentioned).
>>
>> I'm talking about the namespace value itself.
>>
>> E.g. the C++ code
>>
>> namespace Foo::Bar {
>> 	class FooBar {
>>
>> 	}
>> }
>>
>> becomes to
>>
>> FooBar = cppclass
>>
>> end; namespace Foo.Bar;
>
> This looks a bit strange to me. Namespace is a block in C++, but more a
> directive in Pascal?

Yes, I know... but I think it's just not feasible to implement such
blocks for types in Pascal (I think of it as "overkill" ^^)... So I took
the easy way.
Also keep in mind please, that the cppclass construct is mostly
(solely?) for interfacing with existing C++ code/libraries (like QT or
the Irrlicht engine) directly and not for "just for fun I'll write a C++
class in Pascal today".

Regards,
Sven

PS: I've switched from Digest Mode to normal message delivery in
fpc-devel now... so my answers to the list's mails should be more
reliable :) This excludes this mail from Marco though, as it was sent
before I changed the setting...