[fpc-devel] C++ linking questions

Sven Barth svenmauren at vr-web.de
Sun Mar 21 15:19:47 CET 2010

Hi again!

Once I say 'I did it that and that way', all are coming to answer me...
Nice :)

On 21.03.2010 14:28, Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 21.03.2010 20:21, Sven Barth wrote:
>>> 3. How can I parse a not reserved identifier? Checking "idtoken" for
>>> "_ID", using it with "token" and after usage calling "consume(_ID);"?
>>

>> Usage is with "pattern" (all letters uppercase) or "orgpattern"
>> (original casing) instead of "token"... the rest works as expected.
>
> Why do you need this at all? If you want to parse "namespace" word then
> just add it to the token list as
> (str:'NAMESPACE' ;special:false;keyword:m_all;op:NOTOKEN)
>
> Best regards,
> Paul Ishenin.

It's not the "namespace" keyword... that is done the way you suggested
(besides using m_none instead of m_all as Jonas mentioned).

I'm talking about the namespace value itself.

E.g. the C++ code

namespace Foo::Bar {
	class FooBar {

	}
}

becomes to

FooBar = cppclass

end; namespace Foo.Bar;

in Pascal.

Or should I use a stringconst instead of point delimited identifiers?
Like it's done for external...

On 21.03.2010 14:37, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> I think it's better to store just the name space string, it looks more
> flexbile to me.

Hmm... ok... but would there be any problem with using another field in
objectdef, that is not saved to ppu, to save the mangled name, so I
don't need to mangle it every time a method of that class is mangled?
(maybe wrapped with a getter function for "lazy mangling" :D)

Regards,
Sven