[fpc-devel] properties with getter evaluation in gdb

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Mar 15 11:01:57 CET 2010

On 15 Mar 2010, at 04:01, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> 12.03.2010 21:49, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>> The default calling convention could be used. This would only work
>> for
>> routines with "simple" return types though (types that are not
>> returned
>> via a hidden first parameter).
>
> I don't think any/default calling convention have result return in
> EAX as fpc do.

All calling conventions on i386 (except for safecall) return "simple"
results in eax.

> Also for methods self needs to be passed.

That's true, but GDB already does that when calling a method,
including for Pascal (the only problem in that respect is that without
the hacky patch mentioned earlier, GDB's Pascal parser does not
support expressing method calls).

Jonas