OOOOPS !!!!Re: [fpc-devel] no break and stepping if ctheads is used (Lazarus)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Mar 4 16:18:21 CET 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 03/04/2010 03:37 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Add {$linklib pthread}
> Great !!!
>
> That is the solution.
>
> I did
>
>  {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF UseCThreads}
>  {$linklib pthread}
>  {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
>
> I suppose something like this should be added to the automatic project
> source code creator in Lazarus.
>
>> PS: Please don't use so many question marks and exclamation marks.
>
> OK. :) I do this only once a year, But I was very exited about the very
> unexpected fact that the depreciated libc made the debugger working.

To be sure: remove the libc again; it can create unexpected side-effects.
Just leave the {$linklib pthread}

This is actually quite strange and probably a bug in the cthreads unit.
It should contain the  {$linklib pthread} clause instead of loading the
pthreads library manually, that's why we have this unit.

Could you file a bugreport please ?

Michael.