[fpc-devel] no break and stepping if ctheads is used (Lazarus)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Mar 4 13:03:18 CET 2010

Doing another command line tool I found that if I enable cthreads, the
debugger stops working correctly.

I set -dUseCThreads or otherwise enable "use cthreads".

If I start the program with F7 I get to the "begin" in the source code
but the next F7 just runs the program without a break.

If I set a breakpoint and start the program with F9 the program just
runs but does not break.

I tested this with a new "Program" that just contains two writeln();

Of course everything works fine if "cthreads" is not used.

The really funny thing is that I do have (I did last week) a much more
complex "program" that does not show this behavior and here stepping
works just fine (of course - as discussed at some length several times
before - the writeln() output is invisible when debugging).

Any idea what might be the difference between my two programs, and how I
can make a new "program" work in the debugger again ?

-Michael