[fpc-devel] Re: gdb "Dwarf Error: Could not find abbrev number" loading symbols from .so

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 00:41:50 CEST 2010

Jonas, after looking at that file you had me generate, I was able to
boil it down to a very simple case (http://pastebin.com/tX2f3ARe):
program Project1;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

CONST
  (* query for finding found devices without connections
     used in ND_GetFoundDeviceList and
             GetFoundDevNoConn: ND_GetLastNWDiscStatus and ND_GetNumFoundNW *)
  QryNoConn = 'Select NDDevice.ID,NDDevice.UniqueID,
NDDevice.ManagementIP, NDDevice.Current '+
       'FROM NDDevice '+
       'WHERE NDDevice.Disabled=''F'' AND NDDevice.Current=''T'''+
       '  AND NDDevice.ID NOT IN('+
          'SELECT NDNeighbors.NDDevID1 FROM NDNeighbors group by
NDNeighbors.NDDevID1)'+
       'ORDER BY 3 ';
begin
  writeln(QryNoConn);
end.

$ gdb ./project1
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1.0.20100510-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /home/tlacuache/tmp/project1...Dwarf Error: Could
not find abbrev number 10751 [in module /home/tlacuache/tmp/project1]

Seems to be a problem with the long constant string?

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com