[fpc-devel] Re: gdb "Dwarf Error: Could not find abbrev number" loading symbols from .so

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:47:30 CEST 2010

Okay, here's an update with this problem: I started doing a binary
search through all the revisions of the fixes branch, and found that
revision 14365 (http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=14365)
introduced this problem.

If I check out rev 14364 I get the following when I tell gdb to read
the symbols from my .so:
Reading symbols from /home/nitrodev/devel/bin/libESSDB.so...done.

But when I check out rev 14365 and recompile fpc then build my .so I get:
Reading symbols from /home/nitrodev/devel/bin/libESSDB.so...Dwarf
Error: Could not find abbrev number 10751 [in module
/home/nitrodev/devel/bin/libESSDB.so]

Hopefully that helps.

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com