[fpc-devel] Slight calculation error in Bounds() procedure in Classes unit.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jun 9 16:06:19 CEST 2010

> > Because of the ambiguity MSEgui uses solely the "rectty" type:
>
> And fpGUI has TfpgRect since the start. I just seem to think it's rather
> stupid that everybody needs to implement their own types, functions,
> classes because the default behaviour of FPC is idiotic and doesn't apply
> to non-Windows platforms.

Note that this thread confuses two issues:

1 the fact that the default units reflect delphi because of the compability
2 the fact that the non-delphi projects (kol,msegui, fpgui, anybody have any
more?) don't pool their
efforts to have common workarounds in a set of units.

The (1) is a namespace problem, and not easily solved.

(2) is way easier fixable since it features additional units, if it is
stable enough in say an year, we can enter it it as an FPC package even.

I know (2) doesn't fix everything, like component streaming (which is
fixable but only by duplicating classes), but at least it would be a start,
and more constructive than the current flamefest.