[fpc-devel] Questions and suggestions to fpWeb
Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
luizmed at oi.com.br
Fri Jul 30 17:01:08 CEST 2010
I've playing a bit with fpWeb and have some suggestions and questions:
- In TFPWebAction.DoHandleRequest if request is not handled by OnRequest
and inherited, the content is copied to the response and handled is
checked by the response content.
- FContensts will be always created even if is not created previously
- At this point AResponse.Contents can have some content?
- If so the handled checking is wrong. See these conditions
AResponse.Contents.Text <> '';
Self.Contents.Text = '';
Handled will be true. Should be false.
- Content and Contents properties are redundant. Also can lead to some
performance issues. See the code of DoGetContent:
If (Self.Content<>'') then
Content is computed (Contents items concatenated) three times.
Don't be surprised if users do things like
while not ready do
Content := Content + 'xxx';
- TFPWebAction.GetContent is empty. It seems that should call
DoGetContent is inneficient. Cached FContents.Text and and isolated
- In TCustomFPWebModule.HandleRequest assigned(Session) will always
evaluate to true (if Session is nil it will be created and then freed
- It's not necessary to check for nil in SetTemplate
- In the other side a check to nil should be added in SetContents to
avoid creating FContents
- CGI apps enters in a infinite loop.
if FWebHandler.FTerminated then
to TCustomWebApplication.DoRun fixes it.
Follows patch with my suggestions.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the fpc-devel