[fpc-devel] (Re)compiling FPC or is there something like fpc.bpg?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 12:28:55 CEST 2010

2010/7/23 Adem <listmember at letterboxes.org>:

> What I am aiming is to, first, get the information in each 'fpmake.pp' file
> into one single 'Installer' object.

This is easy to do with a few IFDEF lines...

{$IFDEF APROGRAM}
> program  fpmake;
>  uses  fpmkunit;
>  Var
>    P: TPackage;
>    T: TTarget;
>  begin
{$ENDIF}
>    With Installerdo
>    begin
>      P := AddPackage('my-nice-program');
>      P.OSes  :=[win32,openbsd,netbsd,freebsd,darwin,linux];
>      T := P.Targets.AddUnit('myunit');
>      T.ResourceStrings  :=True;
>      T := P.Targets.AddUnit('myprogram');
>      T.Dependencies.Add('myunit');
>      Run;
>    end;

{$IFDEF APROGRAM}
>  end.
{$ENDIF}

Now if APROGRAM is defined, they act as self-contained programs. If
not, they act as include files and can be combined.

> in a file called, say, 'fpmake.pp.inc'.

FPC doesn't care about the file extension, so you can name them all
*.pas (even if they are include files - no APROGRAM define exists).

  - Graeme -