[fpc-devel] Safecall on Linux (and other unices?)

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Jul 21 12:41:27 CEST 2010

  21.07.2010 17:41, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> How Kylix handles the safecall convention on linux? I think we need
>> to follow it.
> Is it an idea to change the 'safecall' convention on Linux/i386 to be
>
> Well,
>
> Safecall = cdecl for Kylix.
>
> Borland decided to do this instead of giving a compiler error.
> But since Kylix is long dead, I don't see the need to follow it in
> this detail. Or do you know a lot of kylix programs/code/libraries out
> there ?
When (if) codegear release the new linux compiler I think they reuse
their kylix work. So if we follow the kylix way now we will protect the
compiler from the unneeded changes in the future.

Is there a big difference for fpc to call the new calling convention
different and map it to safecall on windows?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.