[fpc-devel] OO rewrite - technical questions

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jul 20 14:35:55 CEST 2010

  On 07/20/2010 02:07 PM, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> It is probably reverse engineered guesswork but no official documentation.
Hmm. I think M$ wants us to do decent Applications and this includes
multithreaded applications that use threadvars ("__thread" in C).

Thus I can't believe they did not document how a compiler is supposed to
handle threadvars.

Also, I suppose there is a documentation for M$'s own C compiler and for
GNU C how they do it on the appropriate arch, as same should be able to
call ASM functions that define their own threadvars in a way compatible
to the main program written in C. Maybe this is even true for Delphi.

-Michael