[fpc-devel] Need advice for refactoring

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:34:04 CEST 2010

On 19 July 2010 11:46, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> That's incorrect. The problem was that while your changes were
> functionally identical to the changes in trunk, they were not
> syntactically identical.

See my reply to Florian. My idea was to add another commit to make it
syntactically identical, but was told this would make no difference to
SubVersion - it would still raise a conflict at a later date. I'll
create a SubVersion sandbox repository so I can play with the latest
SVN and see how things work now.

> What is the error?

I can't test now, I'm in the process of rebuilding my laptop. As soon
as I have a running system again, I'll raise the issue in a new
thread. [Something I should have done right after you re-synced the
branch, unfortunately I didn't have time right then.]

  - Graeme -