[fpc-devel] How to get function start and end position in executable?

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Fri Jul 16 12:56:18 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I want to implement kind of executable protection using "software
guards" (*) - when function (caller) decrypts another function (callee)
before calling it and encrypts it again after callee returns.
As a result I need to get addresses of my functions (where the asm code
starts and ends in the executable). Is there some way to export such
info to external file while fpc compiles executable (or maybe afterwards
to get this info from executable)?
Any suggenstions would be appreciated!

(*) J. Cappaert, N. Kisserli, D. Schellekens, B. Preneel.
"Self-encrypting Code to Protect Against Analysis and Tampering", 2006
(https://www.cosic.esat.kuleuven.be/publications/article-811.pdf)

Regards
Žilvinas Ledas