[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 23:18:41 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:
>  On 07/13/2010 02:49 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>  But when FPC processes every source unit in a project only once, the
>> file cache is not very helpful.
> Obviously, a sufficiently huge cache can avoid any disk I/O bottleneck
> when doing the 2nd+ build.

Then the system file cache will make it hard to determine reasonable
figures for the first build. And I wonder how often long builds are run
more often in sequence?

When we rely on an OS file chache, we can read all files entirely into
memory, instead of using buffered I/O. Or we can design an interface
that allows to run the compiler e.g. inside Lazarus, using the already
loaded editor files and directory caches.

BTW, should we switch the thread topic?

DoDi