[fpc-devel] FPC Branches

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 18:10:51 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:

>> If you want paralel, take vector pascal, and implement it in e.g. the
>> FPC or
>> objfpc dialect.
> I suppose this is a good idea, even tough I suppose that the .Net
> "parallel" paradigm is a lot more broadly known than that of Vector
> Pascal. so Hans-Peter might want to add VP to his list.

It won't find its way into my primary list, because it requires
according updates of the internal compiler data structures, RTL and
more. We'll need a team of experts that works together on the definition
and implementation of all the new features, in all affected parts of the
compiler. Some refactoring of the existing compiler infrastructure may
be required before this step, so that the further development can stay
synchronized with the mainstream development and fixes. The
syntax/semantics separation is a step towards this goal, that can be
followed by another generalization of the semantical actions.

DoDi