[fpc-devel] FPC Branches

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Jul 12 11:51:25 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> What about Delphi-Prism on that behalf. ?

If it relies on GC (and afaik Oberon has the same problem), an RTL based on
GC first has to be explored first, and the extend of the changes.

But more importantly, what would be the use of supporting Prism?

> (This supposedly would be easier to make working using a .NET/MONO-code
> generating backend compiler than by attempting to reproduce the
> appropriate functionality <as far as viable such as "parallel"> in the
> RTL.)

If you want paralel, take vector pascal, and implement it in e.g. the FPC or
objfpc dialect.  Implementing the whole of Prism and its extensive baggage
for just that is insane.