[fpc-devel] FPC Branches

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Jul 11 23:30:42 CEST 2010

On 11 Jul 2010, at 15:29, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I'm just curious, does there exist descriptions for the various SVN branches (purpose, maintainer, state)?

The commit messages (mainly the initial one).

> The stand-alone preprocessor code ($PreprocWrite, commandline option -m) does not compile since a long time. I could it make work again, and already supplied the according patch in Mantis.

And as I replied in mantis two days ago,
a) that option is not documented in the help page because it never worked in the first place (I don't even know what its purpose is)
b) the code for that option predates svn (it was written more than 10 years ago), which is why it's in trunk rather than in a separate branch
c) even if that code merits fixing and enabling, the patch you submitted cannot be applied for several reasons (detailed in the mantis bug report)

Jonas