[fpc-devel] fpdoc content syntax suggestion

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:25:02 CEST 2010

Op 2010-07-09 11:11, Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> It could be an option for people that want everything to be wholly portable.
> It should not be forced.  There should be a passthrough option for people

True, I guess we could add some "don't parse me" markup similar to a <pre>
tag, which will be copied as-is into the backend output. I actually think
AsciiDoc already has something like this. AsciiDoc also supports a
<whatever backend>.conf file, which can be configure per user or project,
to tweak the backend output to their liking.

AsciiDoc also supports backend or parse hints in some markup. for example,
in the Source Code example shown in the Cheat Sheet, the specify the
programming language, so the backend could correctly syntax highlight the
sample source code.

eg:
.Optional Title
[source,perl]
----
# *Source* block
# Use: highlight code listings
# (require `source-highlight`)
use DBI;
my $dbh = DBI->connect('...',$u,$p)
    or die "connect: $dbh->errstr";
----

AsciiDoc Cheat Sheet:
  http://powerman.name/doc/asciidoc

I guess something like that could be added to the pass-through markup tag
to tell the parser to which backend the pass-through content belongs too.

>> I thought about that as well, and fpdoc wasn't designed for that.
>
> Michael said he saw some possibilities. (since it can add arbitrary topics)

The major obstacle as I see it, is that fpdoc cannot generate documentation
without the *.pas files. General application help will not be associated
with source code files. But I guess at this point Michael knows the inner
workings of fpdoc better that I.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/