[fpc-devel] Another bug with spaces in fpc (windows)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 17:04:13 CEST 2010

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

>> Sad but we found a new (really very old) bug with spaces:
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=9964
>>
>> If you pass -o"some file with spaces.exe" or "-osome file with
>> spaces.exe" fpc generates only a file with only "some" part.
[...]
> Are you sure the bug is in FPC ? I mean, as far as I know there is nothing
> that prevents the internal linker or option handling from having spaces
> in a
> filename. However, if the options are passed as -osome file with spaces.exe
> then FPC only sees the "some".

Right, the filename should be quoted.

I just found another annoying behaviour, namely that FPC cannot handle
relative pathes and macros in file specifications. When I want to add an
unit ../some.pas to a project or package, FPC doesn't find that file. In
the uses clause the "in 'some.pas'" only accepts absolute pathes
(useless) or files in the search path - no directory macros, no relative
names :-(

This should not be hard to cure, but I could not yet find out where.
Should I file an feature request?

DoDi