[fpc-devel] Semicolon before else

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Jan 29 15:08:06 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> >> program. You just have to translate the headers
> >
> > Right. That is the limitation.

(well more a difference)

> As I said, the same limitation goes for FPC: if you want to use a
> library written in Objective-C from Objective-Pascal, you also have to
> translate the headers.

I think Juha means that gcc collection must define headers for different gcc
based languages to interoperate, while FPC's dialect modes don't.

I'd like to hear your opinion on what exactly causes this too. I thought
about it, and would roughly say:

1) the FPC cg accepts roughly a kind of superset of pascal dialects, and the dialect modes map
onto it.
2) the fact that precompiled units roughly are a binary representation
of the header converted in this superset?

while
1) gcc's GIMPLE is lower level (not a common superset of dialects/languages)
2) gcc derivatives don't store their haeders in a binary representation in
such superset.