[fpc-devel] FCL Thread-safety

Nikolai Zhubr zhubr at mail.ru
Wed Jan 27 15:27:28 CET 2010

27.01.2010 15:30, Leonardo M. Ramé:
> I can confirm FCL-XML is thread safe, at least in FPC 2.5.1, also
> Zeos as far as you create a new connection to the database inside
> each thread.
>
> I'm using both libraries in a multithreaded daemon that receives an
> XML file via socket, then connects to a Postgres database using
> Zeos.
Thank you very much! That is very similar to what I'll be doing, except
that I just dont use XML. Yes, I'll create 1 connector per thread of course.
The only concern then is how to ensure that thread-safety is not
(ocasionally) destroyed with some future FCL and/or zeoslib versions. It
somehow seems quite uneasy to design a simple and yet reliable
regression-test for automated testing. On the other hand, verifying it
all by hand is also not what I'd be dreaming of.

Thank you!

Nikolai