[fpc-devel] Fpsigprocmask

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 26 15:49:02 CET 2010

On 01/26/2010 03:00 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In general the idea is that if you need unit libc or declare your own
> exports to libc, you are doing something atypical. That can be because you
> really are atypical (e.g. in the case of extreme requirements or deep OS
> dependant system interfacing), but more generally you are doing something
> wrong.

What I'm doing here is a kind of RTL-extension (to be implemented as a
"packet" that can be loaded in Lazarus and then allows for selecting a
new type of "application" (i.e. "NoGUIApplication" that works without
any binding to any Graphic system like the Windows User Interface API or
GTK/QT...), but allows for Event driven programming for things like
Timers, TCP/IP, serial interfaces etc. (Martin's MSEGUI happily does
provide this and he allowed me to use his code for that.)

I don't know how atypical it is to do an RTL extension :), but of course
it should integrate with the current (and future) RTL code as smoothly
as possible.
> See also
>  http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/unixrtl.pdf

I'm printing this for reference...