[fpc-devel] Compiler 240 (and MySql)

Carsten Bager carsten at beas.dk
Wed Jan 20 15:11:26 CET 2010

I have a problem with the new 240 compiler.
I get errors when calling functions in the sysutils unit.
I have tested the 251 compiler, and it was exactly the same.
I am normally using the 224 compiler, and it works fine.

Anybody have a hint.

I have compiled and the tested the MySql client lib to arm 9 Linux. Is that of
any interest for FPC users? It  works with FPC for arm.

Carsten

Example:

program hw1;
uses
  sysutils;

Type
   Datetime_typ=Packed record
      year,month,day,hour,min,sec,sec100,dayOfWeek:word;
   end;
var dt:dateTime_typ;
Begin
  WriteLn('Test');
  decodeTime(Time,dt.hour,dt.min,dt.sec,dt.sec100);
End.

This program gives  the following output.

/ # ./hw1
Test
An unhandled exception occurred at $BEAD2EE4 :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
  $BEAD2EE4

Heap dump by heaptrc unit
10 memory blocks allocated : 853/888
8 memory blocks freed     : 817/848
2 unfreed memory blocks : 36
True heap size : 393216
True free heap : 393024
Should be : 393048
Call trace for block $400501E0 size 24
  $0000E1EC
  $0000EEFC
  $000080CC
Call trace for block $40050180 size 12
  $0001BB04
  $0000EEFC
  $000080CC
/ #

--------------------------------
Compile info
--------------------------------
+---------------------------------+
| CFG file ver. 1.00 d. 19/9-2006 |
+---------------------------------+
+---------------------------------+
| Cross compiling for ARM 9 Linux |
+---------------------------------+
|   Compiling with Runetime check !!   |
|   Stack checking / Range checking    |
| Check overflow of integer operations |
+--------------+
| Standard lib |
Hint: End of reading config file /etc/fpc.cfg
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.0 [2010/01/19] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for ARM
Compiling hw1.pp
Assembling hw1
Linking hw1