[fpc-devel] Fpsigprocmask

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 20 12:29:58 CET 2010

Hi RTL/libc experts.

I'm trying top port the TNoGUIApplication (Linux version)  I found in
MSEIDE to Lazarus.

Here Martin uses a function called  "m_sigprocmask". In his code in
"mselibc.pas" it is defined as

function m_sigprocmask(__how:longint; var SigSet : TSigSet;
            var oldset: Tsigset):longint;cdecl;external clib name
'sigprocmask';

Now in the FPC RTL there is a function "Fpsigprocmask" in the RTL,
"libc.pp" it is defined as

function Fpsigprocmask(how:longint; act:Psigset_t;
oldact:Psigset_t):longint;cdecl;external libc_nlm name 'sigprocmask';

Which in effect seems to be the same.

Only when "using" libc, the identifier "Fpsigprocmask" is not available,
even  though I am able to use a lot other stuff from the libc library in
my ported code (e.g. "signal()").

When I try to define the function"Fpsigprocmask" in that way myself I
get some type conflicts when calling it with Martin's code. (I'll try to
solve this when I am able to point it to the proper RTL function.

Any help ?

-Michael