[fpc-devel] GObject Introspection GIR loader unit

Honza befelemepeseveze at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:38:58 CET 2010

Hi all,

as a side effect of some other task, there is available an initial
unit for unmarshalling data from GIR files, which are installed with
the various gobject-introspection-* packages. Result of such load is a
(tree) data structure with the same information as the underlying GIR
xml, just more convenient to work with (specific classes instead of
generic TDOMNode(s)). Does any FPC developer want to have look at it?
Maybe it is of some utility to someone else too. For instance - from
the GIR data it is (in theory) possible to generate FPC bindings for
any GLib/GObject based libraries/objects and/or late bind at runtime.
More on this here:

http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection

I can mail it somewhere or open a feature request with an attachment -
just let me know what's better would you be interested.

Best regards,

bflm