[fpc-devel] Circular references and forward declarations

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 6 12:14:48 CET 2010

Juha Manninen schrieb:

> Other programming languages have different cultures. See the comment from my
> original post in this thread. It was from a professional programmer and I
> understand it. Some development teams want to put every class into its own
> file.

Different languages, different habits. I even consider putting every
class in its own header and implementation file as a bad habit. There is
no reason to do anymore because modern C/C++ compiler can smartlink on a
sub-object level which they could not for years.

> C and C++ even have headers in separate files (which is messy IMO).
>
> So, if a professional team chooses a programming language / environment for a
> project, this one feature can make a strong point against Object Pascal.

Then they are not eduacated well enough because they don't know the
reason why C++ programmers put (past tense) every class into it's own
object file.