[fpc-devel] MemSize argument validity

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:03:53 CET 2010

Hello Felipe,

FMdC> I think it's possible for you to write your own memory manager which
FMdC> stores data about memory blocks in a table instead and is then able to
FMdC> check if the pointer is valid or not. Some operations would be slower
FMdC> in this case, but also safer.

heaptrc has some settings for that. I think they are between defines
so a recompile is needed but it performs that checks with a serious
speed penalty and a very big penalty in memory needed.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun