[fpc-devel] TCustomApplication.Log(?)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 17 09:43:35 CET 2010

On 02/17/2010 09:25 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I don't see a point in an event queue, since TCustomApplication is also
> meant for non-event-driven (or queueing) applications;

Of course. I only vote for a hook. If it is not used it's just a
non-event-driven application (command line tool or nonpersistent CGI).

> What's more event queues can take wildly different forms in terms of
> implementation, so it's hard to create a catch-all hook for that.

I do see this, and this is exactly why I think such a hook would be
great (even if not that easily done). Having a standard type (class) for
all events (similar to the exception type), would allow for a much more
standardized management of the events. According to the topic of this
thread a central logging of the events for debugging would be enabled,
For the future I dream of enabling event-driven (queuing) threads, that
each instantiate it's own event queue using an extension of the "nogiu"
paradigm, I am working on, withing a GUI or NoGUI application. Imagine
an extension of  this to inter-thread-event firing, allowing for
"parallel" loops....

-Michael