[fpc-devel] fpc 14894 svn does not compile

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Feb 15 12:42:18 CET 2010

On Sat, February 13, 2010 22:16, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
>> > Thanks Jonas, using 2.4.0 for the 1st compile worked.
>> > I guess I shouldn't wait months before recompiling the latest SVN :)
>>
>> Even if you subsequently recompile every new svn revision it may
>> sometimes suddenly not work anymore with your previously compiled svn
>> trunk version. As mentioned before: only compiling using the latest
>> release is guaranteed to work at all times!
>
> I added linux/i386 and /x86_64 compilers to bootstrap:
>
> ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.0/bootstrap/

BTW, the base????.zip located in directory 'separate' within the
respective target directory are appropriate alternatives for OS/2 & GO32v2
(it isn't exactly the same because also the compiled RTL units are
included in that package, but it gives most benefits without any effort) -
just in case if you intend to put information about these bootstrap
version somewhere to the Wiki or the main WWW page.

Tomas