[fpc-devel] GetHeapStatus.TotalAllocated

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sat Feb 13 20:51:13 CET 2010

13.02.2010 16:33, Jonas Maebe:
> The heap manager is now separate per thread so it offers much better performance. Keeping track of this information aggregated for all threads would slow things down again (even if it would be done using atomic operations).
So it is indeed not possible to obtain global status anymore? But how
would one check global heap usage then? The necessity to collect such
information by iterating through all threads somehow scares me... In
particular, if some thread happens to hang or dies unexpectedly. Still,
is there some recommended way to estimate heap usage per application, at
least approximately?

>> 2) GetHeapStatus.TotalAllocated sometimes return negative values, though I haven't been able to prepare a reasonably small example yet (should I?)
> Yes.
Ok, I'll try to figure.

Thank you!

Nikolai