[fpc-devel] Bugtracker - registration

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Feb 9 23:32:58 CET 2010

On 09 Feb 2010, at 23:27, Nikolai Zhubr wrote:

> 09.02.2010 16:17, Michael Van Canneyt:
>> For some reason, mail.ru blocks our mail server, this is why you don't
>> receive the confirmation email.
>>
>> I have filed a request to stop blocking. Luckily I speak Russian :-)
>>
>> I hope you'll receive this mail at least :-)
>
> Hmmm, I suspected this, therefore I've already whitelisted *.freepascal.org for my account, and I do receive mailing list posts with no problem.

Whitelisting domains/addresses cannot help in this case because the mails are already rejected at the SMTP handshake. The bug reporting mails are indeed sent from another server than the one used for the mailing list, namely by bugs.freepascal.org (62.166.198.202). That one is blacklisted by mail.ru for some reason. It's not on any public rbl as far as I can see.

Jonas