[fpc-devel] RTL FindResource supports only PChar

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Wed Feb 3 16:34:21 CET 2010

Hello, FPC developers' list

Is this supposed to be so? Why not to create an unicode version with
PWideChar arguments and do as in other places {$ifdef Unicode} ?

 From lazarus mail list:

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com

    On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com
    <mailto:parmaja at gmail.com>> wrote:

        I cannot run my application on WinCE  (WM 5 and WM 6.1)
        when i remote debug it crash in

        application.inc line 386
        Res := FindResource(HInstance, PChar('MAINICON'), RT_GROUP_ICON);

    Hi,

    I guess with my weak experience. the problem about RT_GROUP_ICON it
    is PWideChar passed as parameter  PChar, widestring manager here
    worked to convert not a real string, RT_GROUP_ICON it is an Integer
    typecasted as PWideChar in WinCE.

Reported as bug

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.