[fpc-devel] RTL and Unicode filenames operations.

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Feb 1 10:44:36 CET 2010

On 02/01/2010 10:27 AM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> We are not Codegear, for which everything but Windows is an afterthought.

Right, But exactly this seems to ask for dynamically encoded strings
allowing to do the user code as agnostic of the system encoding as
possible while automatic conversions are made whenever necessary, but
avoided whenever possible. (Which as we all know can't be provided in an
absolutely perfect way: in some cases the "agnostic" user code will not
work as expected and in some other cases performance might be reduced
due to multiple automatic conversions).

-Michael