[fpc-devel] 64bit win dwarf differences between fpc 2.4.2 and trunk

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:25:50 CET 2010

2010/12/8 Martin <fpc at mfriebe.de>:
> On 08/12/2010 21:22, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>> On 08 Dec 2010, at 21:32, Martin wrote:
>>
>>> Vincent did some tests with dwarf on win 64 bit.
>>>
>>> with the lates (7.2.5) gdb and trunk results are fine =>  working.
>>>
>>> but with fpc 2.4.2 instead there are strange errors:
>>
>> It simply means that there is an error in the DWARF info generated by FPC
>> 2.4.2 that's triggered there.
>
> Who (if someone) would know more?
>
> e.g
> - which revision fixed this?
> - does this apply to all and any 64 bit app, or does it depend on the
> data/structures used by the app (or something else)?

Nobody knows?

I did some trial and error by merging some debugging related revsions
from http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/fpctomerge.txt
but I failed.
Also I noticed that some revisions are not on that list, for example
r14068, probably because it is blocked, but its changes in dbgbase are
used in later revisions. So I got stuck.

What would be the best way to proceed to identify the fixes in fpc
2.5.1 for DWARF info to be included in fpc 2.4.3 or a patched fpc
2.4.2?

Vincent