[fpc-devel] difference between stabs and dwarf for "var param"

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Thu Dec 9 18:08:44 CET 2010

  I even had to revert a patch inside GDB about this issue,
see:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-11/msg00084.html
after my accepted patch:
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-05/msg00258.html

It seems that
DW_AT_variable_parameter
is an informational attribute only, and as such should only be
used for display, but the fact that it is a parameter
that is passed by reference should still be mentioned.

  If we issue both, then we should probably,
inside the pascal expression reader, hide the reference,
so that the output is the same as for stabs.

Pierre Muller

as pascal language maintainer of GDB.