[fpc-devel] Location of documentation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Dec 6 20:39:10 CET 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

> I did the unthinkable ;) by trying to write some documentation for an
> FPC package. I searched FPC without success after which I got fpcdocs
> from SVN, no luck either. I only found some files included in Lazarus
> (\docs\xml\).
>
> What is the plan for the lack of documentation on packages? Should I add
> patches for FCL documentation to Lazarus or should this be corrected and
> subsequently documentation should be added to the packages themselves.
> Mind you that there was a patch applied recently that enables
> documentation building from fpmake.

All FCL documentation is in

http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk

As for future plans: I plan to continue documenting the basic units:
fcl-base, fcl-db, fcl-web, fcl-json.

Contributions are more than welcome, as long as they adhere to a strict
rule: I don't publish documentation for a unit unless it is complete.

Michael.