[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 11:50:51 CET 2010

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 6 December 2010 10:05, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> Henry Vermaak wrote:
>>> Just interested, how would you do this?  Does win ce have an ssh server?
>> Unless I'm badly missing the point: these boards have full video etc. so can
>> run programs in exactly the way that "real" computers do.
>
> Oh, right.  The devices I've used in the past had no keyboard and a
> small screen, so this would've been hard.

I've got 4x boards here that are basically ARM-based PCs, even booting
from an fdisked CompactFlash. Trouble is that they've only got CE on
them, and the manufacturer quoted something outrageous to "upgrade them
to Linux firmware"- which in practice I suspect only means replacing the
CF. One of my forthcoming activities is to disassemble the CF boot
sector and try to boot something like OpenFirmware, i.e. make the board
look very much like the Sun and Mac systems I've got.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk