[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Schatzl Thomas tom_at_work at gmx.at
Wed Dec 1 14:47:50 CET 2010

Hi,

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Florian Klaempfl
> <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > There is no release for arm-linux.
>
> Maybe I could create one, or maybe even a simple zip file with a
> snapshot of FPC 2.5.1 for linux-arm

  official snapshots for 2.4.3/2.5.1 ARMv5 eabi with softfloat are on the ftp.

ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/snapshot/v24/arm-linux/fpc-2.4.3.arm-linux.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/snapshot/v25/arm-linux/fpc-2.5.1.arm-linux.tar.gz

They are updated only now and then manually, but they provide a starting point.

The problem with a 2.4.2 release was, that just before release we found that one critical patch had not been applied. Since arm-linux is not a tier-1 target, we did not want to delay the release any further (e.g. go another round). So at the moment, there is no 2.4.2 for arm-linux.

Anyway, I have a 2.4.2 arm-linux with that patch applied at

http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/fpc-2.4.2.UNOFFICIAL.arm-linux.tar . Again ARMv5 eabi with softfloat.

This is not an official 2.4.2 release build, just something that anybody could produce using the release_2.4.2 tag with that patch mentioned above applied. This is not an official build, report bugs against 2.4.3.

Thomas

--
GMX.at - Österreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit über 2 Mio Mitgliedern
E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail