[fpc-devel] RTTI unit

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:43:31 CEST 2010

Am 30.08.2010 10:15, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Op 2010-08-30 09:45, Sven Barth het geskryf:
>> LPI files are already included with FPC. E.g. for the compiler itself
>> (so you don't need to add all search paths manually...) and for the
>> Win32 RTL (excluding the system unit).
>
> FPC has support for external config files which could handle this for you.
> In the fpGUI project I have many such config files called "extrafpc.cfg".
> Each line of that config file is a compiler parameter, you can use IFDEF
> functionality and even FPC's macros. See the example below.

[...]

> In addition to such external config files, FPC also includes the
> fpcmake.pas functionality. This again allows it to setup search paths etc.
> for a project, even the compiler itself.
>

> BTW:
> Lazarus IDE can read such external config files too, so again it is very
> easy to setup a Lazarus project using a program unit, and simply telling it
> to read the extrafpc.cfg file for search path information. With MSEide you
> can do the same.

I'll find a reason to include *.lpi files... I'll find one... I'll find
one... damn... I failed :P

It might be practical to extend Lazarus (and maybe the other IDEs as
well) to auto search for an extrafpc.cfg in the same dir as the program
file so that it is used automatically.

Does identifier search/completion work in Lazarus if you use a
extrafpc.cfg to define search paths?

Another possibility would be to extend fpcmake to generate different IDE
project files besides the Makefile as well.

Regards,
Sven