[fpc-devel] RTTI unit
smitco at telenet.be
Sat Aug 28 21:46:22 CEST 2010
I was wondering if anybody could direct me in the right direction (either mail, wiki) with regard to following questions.
What I want to do:
Since Delphi 2010, there is a new unit in the RTL that makes RTTI more of a breeze. I'd like to port (meaning: compatible interface, fpc implementation) this unit to fpc-rtl. Initially port over what is there already. Later maybe include in the compiler stuff like scoped RTTI (not just published alone) and "customattributes" if there is need for that level of compatibility. Also, adding more methods on the current interface is possible too. It is more than just a readable substitute for TypInfo.
For this I'd like to know a few things:
- First off: would this kind of thing even be considered for inclusion?
- How to get it into repository/feedback from core? (through feature request with attachment in mantis?)
- Codestyle conventions for fpc-code? (including licence-header etc)
- Is there (besides System, SysUtils, Types and the Variant-units) another place to look for RTTI-types?
- Where do I need to take care off (how to include it in rtl package, ..., unit-dependencies )?
- I've read somewhere that nothing gets included if no unit-tests are provided. Is this using fpcunit? Any pointers on the testingsystem, do's and don'ts are welcome.
Since I work on win32 (only), I'm not that familiar with makefiles. So, if I need to add anything to makefiles or copy+edit another makefile, please redirect me to more information. (mainly for testing-app, I guess)
Anyhow, the first question is the more crucial one. If anybody is interested in the (public) interfaces of the tobjecttypes, I can provide those. If there needs to be a debate first, fine by me ;-)
More information about the fpc-devel