[fpc-devel] fpdoc's RTF output

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 12:04:59 CEST 2010

Op 2010-08-24 11:20, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> Nono, formatting was the least of our worries. We were glad to get it
> working at all. Patches with improvements are most welcome.

OK, that's good to know that OpenOffice isn't to blame. I tried OpenOffice
3.2 (at work) today, and formatting looked just as bad as what I saw last
night at home. :)

> The plan is to create PDF directly, as soon as I have a suitable PDF
> rendering engine which can be included in FPC.

Good to know. Obviously you wouldn't get the beautiful layout that LaTeX
can generate, but I don't think the average read know better. Most read
documents published on the web - and typography has taken a serious
nose-dive since the web became popular. Quite sad.

> Can you share the patches ?

I definitely will. Last night was just me playing around and getting to
know RTF tags a bit more. As soon as I have something concrete, I'll submit
the patches.

PS:
Resolving links are still very broken in fpdoc. RTF and IPF output (just
two output formats that support links) using FPC's RTL & FCL docs or tiOPF
& fpGUI class docs show numerous unresolved/broken links. I tried to debug
the ResolveLink() method in fpdoc last night, but couldn't find an answer.
Some links work, some don't.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/