[fpc-devel] refcounting in fcl-passrc

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Aug 22 11:53:29 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:

> > It might be the various TPasModule sections already double as something like
> > this, but that has to be validated.
>
> Each element should deallocate it's "children".

> Since an element tree is always a strict tree, this is unambiguous.

I don't really see this, since in many of passrc's routines objects are
created if they cannot be found?  This means that there is a chance that
such object has no other refernece than the one returned. E.g. when searched
for a reference that is not strictly a child like ancestor.

That would need to be refactored too then.