[fpc-devel] fcl-web webdata ExtJS "total" field question

BoBo bobo at aborka.com
Sat Aug 21 11:10:43 CEST 2010

...snip...
>> The only thing I've noticed is that with XML the "text" MySQL fields
>> are not coming over to ExtJS, they only say "(MEMO)" . Is that because
>> XML does not allow UTF8 or something?
>
> No, this is a bug. I fixed it already in JSON (since I use that), but
> not yet in XML.
>
>> Some non-"text" fields are also displaying strange characters with XML
>> where with JSON everything is good.
>
> That is an encoding issue. The XML components need to know what kind of
> codepage you use. I think we'll have to introduce a property for this in
> the dataformatter. It will introduce some overhead :/
>
> Michael.

Yes, I will use JSON in my project also, it seems much better and
easier, I was just testing both. XML is a lot of overhead and bloat in
any project both development, execution and data-size-wise.

I did some testing on the exception catching, but if I intentionally do
something nasty within my Except/End part, FCL-Web replies with a web
page ("Module error", or something similar), and not a JSON reply so
ExtJS cannot process the response.

AB