[fpc-devel] Building and running FPC natively on ARM under Debian "Lenny"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 17:47:20 CEST 2010

I've previously had FPC (and Lazarus) running natively on Debian ARM,
but I think it was "Etch"- things got a bit cloudy after that. The
kernel being shipped with Lenny is 2.6.26-2 and I note

CONFIG_AEABI=y
CONFIG_OABI_COMPAT=y

If I download the binary for 2.2.2 it won't compile a trivial app as it
stands, but if I use OPT=-CfSOFT I can rebuild it or build a 2.4.0 that
appears to work.

Is what I am doing reasonable, or should I- as an example- be using
2.4.0 to rebuild itself with -CaEABI before trying to go any further?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk