[fpc-devel] fcl-web webdata ExtJS "total" field question

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Thu Aug 19 03:36:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

1. Should not the JSON replies have a "total" returned always like the
XML replies?
Right now "total" is not returned if the "start"/"limit" is not passed
to the formatter.

2. How can I provide the correct "total" for the response if I only
loaded exactly the records requested by ExtJS into the dataset but not
the whole table?
Ex: Have a table with 1000 records, I'm on page 2 of the grid that has a
page limit of 50 records.
Of the total 1000 records, only about one third should be visible for
the person currently requesting data.
Therefore, I run a SQL statement to get those next 50 records from the
333 potential ones for this person, and that will be displayed in the
grid, and only those 50.
This way, only I can tell in the response the correct "total", which is
333 in this case. 50 was passed to the formatter/adapter.

Thanks,

AB