[fpc-devel] fcl-web webdata example(s) on Windows has some problems

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Wed Aug 18 19:48:41 CEST 2010

...snip...

> I don't 100% agree: the exception() handler must also be able to handle
> 'response'.
> If there is a server crash or so (which will result in a 500 error code)
> , it must also be able to handle that.
>
> We can add the "rows" for convenience, but nevertheless the error handler
> must also handle the 'response' case.
>
> Michael.

just found this:
It seems that someone had the same problem with ExtJS and even created a
bug report there:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?91903-OPEN-826-DataProxy-Exception-JsonReader-Possible-Inconsistency

He did the same adding the "rows" trick to solve it.
The problem is, that when the 'response' case comes, the object is not
processed (because the exception is thrown from within ExtJS before the
response is really processed) so we cannot access the response
properties to display it to the client. Might be only a problem with
JSON reader, I am not sure.

AB